Happy New Year!
Duval-Leroy was established in 1859 and is located in Vertus, a village in the Cote des Blancs region. Duval-Leroy remains a family-owned operation and is one of the largest land-owners in all of Champagne.
I picked up this bottle based on the recommendation of Ian, the owner of at Let’s Talk Wine. $36/bottle. A blend of 75% Pinot Noir and 25% Chardonnay. Light golden in color with aromas of apple, a crisp lemon and lime zest similar to 7up along with toast and mineral. The mouth was… well… very bubbly if that makes any sense, similar to drinking a warm 7up soda. Dry finish with toast and lemon-lime zest. I enjoyed this Champagne and will definitely have it again.
A quick word about 2008 and what’s coming in 2009… Overall, 2008 was a great year for our family. Aside from one setback, we made strides in nearly every area of our lives and for that I am grateful. For me personally, I turned 35 and officially became ‘old.’ In 2008, I also ‘found’ wine blogs and developed quite an addiction to reading them. I enjoyed reading about wine so much that I got a crazy idea that I should actually start a blog as a way to capture my thoughts on wine and take my wine education to the next level. My wine related goals for 2009 include:
- Redesign and move this site to WordPress and turn DrinkWhatYouLike in to an actual blog that resembles a real website vice something than a bored wino fobbed it together.
- Attend the next Wine Bloggers Conference.
- Expand friendships/contacts in the wine world.
- Focus on learning more about biodynamic/natural wines.
- Visit the Willamette Valley (and drink as much of their Pinot as possible).
Here’s to a happy, healthy and prosperous 2009!