Another Sauvignon Blanc at Chateau Morgan.
Frog’s Leap Sauvignon Blanc 2007
12.7% alcohol. $17.99 Organically grown grapes. Light in color.
This was more herbaceous than I expected. On the nose I found fresh mowed grass and lots of lemon (lemongrass?) along with good citrus aromas. I liked the grapefruit on the nose and in the mouth. Very refreshing wine with crisp acidity.
Paired this with home grilled pizza. If you’ve never made pizza over the charcoal grill, you really have to try it. (if interested, see grilled pizza recipe below)
This wasn’t the perfect pairing, but I was in an experimental mood… this would have been great with oysters or some type of light fish.
Making charcoal grilled pizza:
- Go to local pizza shop and buy dough (making your own is way too time consuming). Get the good stuff that has already done the rising. Take the dough home (duhh). Stop by grocery to get favorite toppings. Get the best mozzarella cheese you can find.
- Light your charcoal grill (give the coals at least 20 minutes to heat up). Use less coal than you normally would for normal cooking.
- Roll out the dough to about an 8 inch pie. The bigger the pizza is, the harder it is to handle on the grill.
- Rub olive oil on one side and put pie on charcoal grill. Watch carefully.
- Once the dough is browned to your liking, remove pie from grill (should be hardened) and add sauce and toppings to the browned side.
- Once the pie is topped, put back on grill and watch carefully as cheese melts.
- Pair with something other than Sauvignon Blanc.